Mining LTC with AntMiner (L3, L3+,L3++)
Litecoin are mined using a cryptographic algorithm called Scrypt. Taking L3+ as an example, we will introduce the operation process of mining with our AntMiner.
1. AntPool account registration and configuration
For details, please refer to " FAQ——Account Registration"
2. Install the miner, connect miner with network cable and turn on the power (the voltage needs to be around 210v-230v; 1M bandwidth can carry about 200 miners; the local network should be stable)
3. Find miner IP
1) To download miner IP reporter software please click on link:
2) Go to “IP-reporter” to download. Requirement: Miner must be connected with network cable and powered on; your computer and your miner need to be in the same IP range (For example: miner IP is 192.168.0.2; computer IP is 192.168.0.67; then they are in same IP range). Detailed information please refer to the manual:
4. Set static IP for miner
1) If you own more than three miners, we would like to recommend that you set static IP for your miners to better manage them.
2) static IP setting manual please refer to below link:
5. Batch configure miners’ IP
To batch configure and manage your miners, you could download “APMinerTool V1.0.8” from this link: https://www.antpool.com/download.htm?m=tools
6. log in miner backstage
1) After you find miner IP using IP reporter tool, open the browser on your computer (recommended browser is Google or Firefox, and computer needs to be in the same IP range), enter the found IP into address bar of browser, and proceed to login using rootfor both the username and password:
2） Miner backstage after login:
7. Connect to AntPool and set up workers
1) stratum server address: (can be found in right bottom corner of AntPool LTC page)
2) Set up workers and connect to AntPool (worker name is sub-account name + suffix, for example: sub-account: always; the first worker could be named as: always.01, the second: always.02... And so on)
3) Fill in three stratum server addresses to miner backstage (recommended to fill one same worker name for the three server addresses, 123 could be taken as password). Click “Save & Apply” to run the miner.
4) Keep miner running for about 10 minutes; check miner hash rate, temperature and other parameters under miner status from miner backstage
(Note: As long as one of the three stratum server addresses is Alive, the connection would be ok. For once the primary server is in Dead state, miner will switch to the second address automatically, and this will not impact your earnings.)
Parameters under Miner Status:
A: Operation time
B: Miner hash rate
C: Pool connection status, “Alive” means connected
D: Error rate, normally lower than 0.03%
E: Number of Hash boards
F: Number of chips detected in the chain
G: ASIC frequency setting
H: Hash rate of each hash board
I: Hash board temperature
J: ASIC temperature
K: ASIC status, “O” indicates OK; “X” indicates error; “-” indicates dead
L: Fan speed
5) Keep miner running for about 10 minutes, check hash rate in AntPool
8. Earnings and payment
1) AntPool makes payouts each day. Once your earnings reach the minimum payment amount, coins will be sent to your wallet automatically. (LTC default minimum payment amount is 0.001. This threshold value can be modified in AntPool by yourself.)
2) Payment will be sent to the wallet you set up in AntPool. You could check the payment in your wallet or view your payment history under “Dashboard”– “Payment History” in AntPool (Paying: means payment is in process; Paid: means payment completed, coins sent to your wallet).
(If you did not set up wallet address, your earnings will be remained in your account balance.)
Note：Please make sure to use a valid wallet address for mining. AntPool will not be responsible for any loss of earnings caused by wrong wallet configuration.
9. Now we have gone through all the process of account registration, miner configuration and AntPool connection. Wish you happy mining with us!